1. Diffie-Hellman Group 19 with Pre-Shared-Keys are much easier than Group 20 with certs. I will be working on the certs stuff this week.
2. Going back to work on the Monday after Thanksgiving was difficult, and I would have preferred to stay at home with my dogs.
3. I finished American Horror Story – Hotel over the weekend, and I enjoyed the Hotel season. The first season is still my favorite.
1. I ate way too many treats this weekend. We had a lot of Thanksgiving desert leftovers in the house, I gobbled them up in no time, so I had way too much sugar this weekend which means I need to back off of sugar this week.
2. Cutting 1/8″ thick, 24″ long plate with a cutoff wheel sucks, but I don’t want to spend the money of a plasma cutter or torch setup. I got three more cuts to make and the pieces will be used to repair my truck’s running boards.
3. Deciding on what engine\setup to go with in my ’91 Acura is not an easy decision. Currently, I’m leaning towards replacing the LS\VTEC with a LS\Turbo setup. This car would be used for drag racing type days while the CRX would continue to be my autocross\track day car.
4. It was a beautiful weekend.
1. If people were enthusiastic about voting as black Friday, we would have record voter turn out.
2. You can’t fix stupid (which ties into #1, so it is a good thing that many people skip voting.
3. We celebrated the 13th anniversary of Circe being a member of the household.
1. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I appreciate everyday
2. I may have a line on a “free” YJ Jeep. It is in kinda ruff condition, but it would be a good starting point for a LQ4 swap
3. I changed my mind on a TIG welder. Now I’m leaning towards a Lincoln Squarewave TIG 200
1. Still trying to figure out certificate based VPNs, so I will need to spend more time on troubleshooting the configs
2. The Grand Tour: I watched the first episode of the Clarkson\May\Hammond show on Amazon, and so far, they still got it. Besides the obvious chemistry between the hosts, the camera work is fantastic. They sure do know how to make the filming of cars a true art form.
1. Configuring a Juniper SRX for certificate based VPNs is not too difficult; however, working through why IKE won’t complete is taking a little more time than expected. I got a step closer today, so more work on the config tomorrow. If no luck, I will probably need to reach out to my Juniper contact for an assist.
2. After a little research on “hobbyist” TIG welders, I think I got it narrowed down to the Everlast PowerTIG 250EX. It has gotten a lot of good reviews, and it does come with a water cooled nozzle.
Things I Learned Today:
1. NASCAR of today continues to prove that it is unwatchable. I grew up watching NASCAR in the 70s\80s and spent way too many Sunday afternoons watching NASCAR through the 90s; however, the current NASCAR racing is just dreadful to watch. I think it is a combination of a drawn out schedule, stupid long races and horrible announcers (they need more Chris Economaki). Not to mention the perception (or reality) of intentional drama by “well placed” yellow flags. It is bad and boring racing to watch.
2. AFC North is just a bad division this year. As a life long Steeler fan, it is hard to see the AFC North teams struggle this bad during the season. Even in off years for the Steelers, the AFC North is typically a feared division to play; however, this year they are getting beat up by the other divisions (such as NFC East).
LED Lights: I got more LED lights installed in the garage, and I’m a huge fan of the LED lights. They are instant on, no humming in cold weather and very bright.
Welding: I think I’m finally getting to a point to get serious about learning to weld. I built a set of rear, upper, adjustable control arms for my Ricer, and I enjoyed building the arms. For me to do more of that type of work along with a bigger car project, I need to learn how to weld better, so I plan on using YouTube to watch some training videos and spend time on practice welding.
Ricer Control Arms: As mentioned above, I built a set of rear, upper, adjustable control arms for the Ricer. These will allow me to adjust rear tire camber. I will use this to try different setting between autocrossing and track days. In autocrossing, I need the rear to rotate while on the road course, I’m not too concerned about rear rotation.